Remake the No Bake Cookie

Remake the No Bake Cookie 

 A Healthy Twist on an Old Favorite 



My youngest is five, and his taste buds are five going on two. To say he is a picky eater is an understatement. I rejoice when I can sneak in healthy fiber, good fats and a dash of protein. I tested this recipe out on my extended family a few weeks ago. The family was shocked when I revealed these cookies had no sugar and no flour. My mother -in-law, who is one of the best cooks I know, said she liked these better than the traditional No Bake Cookie. Give these a try! I know you and your pickiest eater will ask for seconds with this recipe.

Fuel For School!

Just a Few of the Nutritional Benefits of this Cookie:

Raw Honey: Antioxidant, may help digestion and allergies
Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil : Studies show it may help prevent cancer, inflammation and heart disease. Make sure to buy cold pressed. When heat is added the coconut oil looses its flavor and healing properties.
Flax Seed: High in fiber and nutrients, may help digestion, high in antioxidants
Old Fashioned Oats: High in fiber, 6 grams of protein per 1/2 cup, studies indicate it may help cholesterol 

Healthier No Bake Oatmeal Cookie

Mix well : Be patient - it takes the coconut oil a little longer to blend.
1/2 cup honey (raw is best)
3/4 cup Peanut Butter, natural (can substitute any nut butter)
3/4 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
Next Sir in:
2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free is best)
1 Tbsp ground flax seed (grind them in the blender or food processor if you buy whole flax seeds)
optional: 1/2 cup chopped almonds


Spoon tablespoon portions into a baking dish.

Refrigerate for one hour and enjoy!


Tips:
This recipe freezes well.
If you don't have Organic coconut oil substitute peanut butter.
Store in refrigerator. 

Where on Earth do I buy Coconut Oil? 
Most major grocery chains sell this in the baking aisle. My favorite is Aldi's brand; it has the most flavor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top