Need a FAST Workout with no Equipment? Try this!



CrossFit, High Intensity Interval Training, Tabata Training…. Those words may be Greek to you, or maybe they are in your vocabulary every day.  Here is a new one for me: EMOM.  When my hubs came home telling me I needed to try this EMOM training, I thought it was a lady online making up workouts.  EMOM stands for “Every Minute on the Minute”.  The idea is to perform an exercise at about 80% of your capacity and then get a little rest before the next minute begins.  Think of each minute as individual time blocks.  So, pick an exercise, or two, and begin the first exercise at the start of every minute.  Do enough reps of the first exercise during that minute to finish in about 45 seconds.  Use the remaining 15 seconds to recover before the next minute begins.  Perform another exercise at the beginning of the second minute, followed by another rest period.  Try to repeat for a total of 20 minutes (or 15 if you are dying like I usually am J).  Push yourself!  I love this workout method for my busy, school-just-started, Fall-seems-busier-every-year, life!  

I end all of the EMOM workouts feeling absolutely exhausted, and you will too if you push yourself.  This is a form of High Intensity Interval Training.  Studies suggest that 10 minutes of this style workout can burn more calories than 30 minutes on a treadmill.  I like those stats, and I have found that Interval Training gives great results for me personally.  It seems too simple to be that good, but it really works.

I use the stopwatch on my phone to time my rounds. Hit start and try this workout! Do the reps that allow you to work hard for 45 seconds and then rest for 15 seconds.

EMOM Workout
Minute 1: 20 air squats
Minute 2: 15 push-ups
Repeat for a total of 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top